URGENT: The Province's request for public comments about the Foundry closes 5pm Thurs March 4
If you have, were they an attached PDF or Word doc? (This is one of the Province's requirements.) If you missed that, plus dig up your email and re-submit in that form.
Also, please forward this message to 5 friends in Ontario, asking them to submit their comments, too (bcc-ing us at [email protected] if they're willing).
What to submit?
The “consultation” website is... minimal. They are doing the minimum to meet the legal requirements so that they can go ahead with their plans.* So the "consultation" looks like a one-way trip into a black hole. How to respond?
We suggest asking for dialogue: showing an interest in the issue, but persistently asking them for clarification on how they will evaluate and use the input.
- Write identifying yourself as a Friend of the Foundry
- Declare your interest in the issue: tell them to stop the plans for demolition, and start again with proper community consultation on how to preserve Provincial heritage and build affordable housing
- Be sure to ask them how they intend to evaluate and work with the advice they receive
- Don't forget they are asking for a PDF or Word document
- ....and we'd love you to bcc us on your correspondence
*What are the Province's plans, you ask? Turns out the Foundry Site was pre-sold — before the issuance of the MZO and before the Heritage Impact Assessment was tabled. Feel free to express outrage at that in your letter, and on social media.